Daisy Lowe in Asos Magazine

ASOS MAGAZINE: Lowe & Behold
“Daisy Lowe is the model who breaks the rules, the ‘It girl’ who forges her own path. But as Francesca Babb discovers, a call from ‘King Karl’ still strikes fear…

Photographer: Guy Aroch at Jed Root
Stylist: Karen Clarkson;  Art Director: Marina Ansell
Full issue will be live on www.ASOS.com/magazine starting February 4th


On growing up as the daughter of Pearl Lowe: “I was a kid, so my childhood wasn’t mental to me. You don’t question it, that was just what my life was like. But maybe it means that with the craziness [of modeling], I can always find the calm in the storm.”

On her modeling career: “I’ve learnt a lot from modeling. I’m a lot more tolerant. It’s taught me to be bold and be true to myself in a massive way. All the times I’ve been really upset with my fashion choices were when I was letting other people rule over me. It’s made me bloody resilient, too, a Trojan, strong as hell, and all the traveling has made me more of an adventurer.”
On her desire to see curvier models in print: My dream is to see a lot more female shapes in ad campaigns when I look through magazines…my friend was working with Crystal Renn and said she thinks she’s only got a 38-inch hip. Karl Lagerfeld said he was going to embrace her womanly shape and then he just put her face on the ad campaign. Girls are starting to have tits in pictures, but I think it still needs to be about the curve… Real women have hips and an arse, yet loads of models in shows seem to have neither.”
On looking out for younger models: “My advice to anyone starting out would be to not take anything personally. I had to learn that. If you’re an option and you so desperately want it and then you don’t get it, you have to go, there were a million girls up for this and you just weren’t what they were looking for, but that’s OK. Don’t get disheartened about that stuff.”
On her style: “Most of my wardrobe is taken up by white floaty or long floral dresses. I like to dress like a fairy and a doll quite a lot, but I do like wearing black too. I don’t think I have a particular style, I think I go for a lot of different things.”
On her future: “I’m just going with it, wherever the wind takes me, that’s where I’m going to go.”

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites