Shailene Woodley in ASOS Magazine June 2012 by Jason Nocito

Shailene Woodley in ASOS Magazine June 2012 by Jason Nocito

The new June 2012 issue of ASOS Magazine featuring cover star, Shailene Woodley, the 20-year-old Golden Globe nominated American actress was shot exclusively by photographer Jason Nocito for ASOS in Silver Lake, LA, CA. Shailene is best known for her breakthrough performance on the big screen in last year’s The Descendants and Shailene wears an ASOS denim shirt and ASOS mixed frame cat eye sunglasses on the cover 


On not paying attention to fame and fortune...
“I don’t pay any attention to all of that stuff.  I never have.  I know nothing about the industry, nothing about the ‘business’ and I intend to always be that way.  There are more options coming in for me (since The Descendants), but that really doesn’t affect me, because I will never do a movie I’m not passionate about.  I’d rather be in a two-minute scene in a phenomenal Meryl Streep movie than the lead of an action-hero film.”



On her penchant for dark roles...
“Movies are where my heart is at.  I love dark roles – roles that appear scary.  Not in a horror film way, but like ‘Black Swan’ or ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.’  Films that take the audience on an emotional journey.  And I would love to play Patti Smith in a film one day – I’m re-reading her autobiography, I’m obsessed with it.”



On criticism of her Valentino Couture Oscars dress...
“A lot of people didn’t like it.  They were like, ‘she’s 20, she’s covering herself up, why is she doing that?’  But to me it felt classy and elegant and that’s what I think of when I think of the Oscars.  It felt simple and elegant and it still represented who I am.  Most of my clothes come through friends – this cardigan is two years old and these jeans are my friend’s boyfriend’s.”



On what the future holds...
“I’m excited to become a badass archer.  I want to be able to shoot a small pen dot on the wall, 20 feet away.  I want to be like (The Hunger Games’) Katniss.”

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites