Elle UK September: Mary-Kate Olsen

(subscriptions cover)
On her unique dress sense: "I love playing dress up. I get inspired by old films, weird things. It could just be the person sitting across from me or it could be a full Victorian costume"

On media attitudes to her clothing choices: "What I find odd though is that a weekly [magazine] will come out describing my outfit as a fashion disaster, while the fashion industry actually respects what I wear."

On the Olsens' clothing lines The Row, and Elizabeth and James: "I think more of my energy goes in to Elizabeth and James, [The Row is] Ashley's baby."

To find out Karl Lagerfeld and Margherita Missoni's views on Mary-Kate's style, as well as what she's learned about fashion from working on her own clothing lines with Ashley, just read more
On her work experiences: "I have so much more respect for fashion designers now because it's hard work and never ending. It's not a movie. You can't wrap it and go start something else."
Margherita Missoni on MK: "With her you already know future generations will look at her as an icon."
Karl Lagerfeld is also a big fan of her look: "I like the way Mary-Kate is mixing Chanel with other things, life is not a fashion show, and I find a total designer look boring."

Make sure you check out the full interview (and photo spread) in the September issue of Elle magazine, out tomorrow(wednesday).

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more